Whether you have lost one tooth or many, implants can provide a permanent solution that looks and functions naturally.
in Thiensville, WI
Dental implants are special posts made of titanium alloy or ceramic material that serve as an artificial root for a crown. At Successful Smiles, we use implants to support the replacement of a single tooth, multiple teeth, or dentures, depending on the individual’s requirements and condition. Dental implants stabilize bone levels and can prevent bone loss, resulting in better long-term support, function, and esthetics. Call Successful Smiles in Thiensville, WI or scheudle a consultation online to see if a dental implant is a solution for you.
Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants involve a multiple step process to complete the entire procedure. Each patient’s process will vary, depending on your oral health at the time.
- Consultation and dental exam. To decide if dental implants are an option for you, we will complete a comprehensive dental exam and will discuss treatment options.
- Tooth extraction. We may need to remove the tooth/teeth being replaced by implant(s). If there is bone loss around the future implant site, we will perform a dental bone graft.
- Implant placement. The implant will be placed in the bone and then a healing cap is placed over the implant to start the healing process.
- Implant healing. During the healing phase, osseointegration begins. During this process, your jawbone heals around the dental implant, fusing with the implant, and providing a solid base for your new artificial tooth. Typically, it will take 4-6 months for the implant to integrate with the bone.
- Abutment / crown placement. The abutment is a small metal, usually titanium, piece used to connect your artificial tooth (crown) to the implant. The abutment is attached to the implant, and then the crown is placed on the abutment.
Our Dental Implant Specialist
Dr. Alex Silvia
Dr. Alex Silvia has extensive experience with implant dentistry and has received awards for both surgical and aesthetic/prosthetic dentistry. His top priority is always his patients, ensuring each patient receives the highest level of care.
Dental Implant Cost
At Successful Smiles, we strive to offer affordable dental implants for our patients in the Thiensville community. Each part of the procedure has an individual charge, but please note that depending on the needs of each patient the prices can slightly vary.
Costs can cause hesitation for those needing dental implants, so that is why we are proud to offer a variety of financial options. A financial option includes using CareCredit, an external dental payment plan that allows you to pay for your procedure over time in small amounts. Click the buttons below to read more about each option.